Pages

Friday, October 23, 2020

Brand New from Power Poppy - Mossy Pots with Paperwhites

Hello, dear friends! It's time for a new release from Power Poppy, and it's called "Quiet Christmas" offering clear and digital sets that will surely delight all for Christmas and winter. Marcella Hawley continues to amaze us all with her creative artistry, and this release will not disappoint you.

Power Poppy, Marcella Hawley, Quiet Christmas

After seeing this first new stamp set, I picked out some designer paper and used it as my color palette. I used this sweet little image and colored it (my favorite thing about making a card). After searching for some sketches, I adjusted one of Julee Tilman's Mojo Monday sketches into this one. I was delighted to use a sweet Twine with Bows die that Leslie Miller "enabled" me to purchase. This is the first time I've used it, and I think it worked perfectly. I even wrapped the "twine" around the layer so it really looks wrapped, don't you think? I'll definitely use it again. So here's is the second card I've made this year. (However, I have made some very simple cards for our SonShine Card Ministry at church, which has been great fun and fellowship!)

Power Poppy, Marcella Hawley, Mossy Pots and Paperwhites, CherylQuilts, Designed by Cheryl Scrivens, October 2020

For my stamping friends, you will find this new stamp (clear and digital) at Power Poppy

Power Poppy, Marcella Hawley, Mossy Pots with Paperwhites

Check out the fabulous creations my dear Bloom Brigade teammates have shared along with what Marcella has to share about the "Quiet Christmas" release. You are in for a delight! 
If you have followed my journey this past year and a half, you know how thankful to God my husband and I are for all He has done for us. I continue to take a prescription iron pill to increase my iron level (and my energy level). I am scheduled for blood work and a CAT scan in early December. We continue to pray that any remaining cancer cells are gone. I had both cataract surgeries and look forward to getting a new prescription for eyeglasses soon.  

I love this passage from Philippians, which reminds me that the Lord is always with me. I don't need to be anxious about anything. It says to take all our requests to God, Who will give us peace through Christ. Given all that has happened this year, I'm sure each of us is looking for peace and calm. Only God can give us true and lasting peace and comfort, no matter what difficulties we face. 

The Lord is at hand;
do not be anxious about anything,
but in everything by prayer and supplication
with thanksgiving
 let your requests be made known to God.
And the peace of God,
which surpasses all understanding,
will guard your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus.
Philippians 4:5-7

I've memorized a lot of passages of Scripture this year, and Philippians 4:4-9 is one of them. So often I hear the passage above starting with "do not be anxious about anything." But the sentence doesn't start there. It starts with "The Lord is at hand." That's been a great comfort to me these past eighteen months knowing that the Lord is with me...therefore I don't need to be anxious. God promises that He will never leave us. May you be assured of His love and care as I have been...and take all your requests to Him, knowing that He is there for you.

Your friendship, love, and prayers are cherished. Prayer is powerful! May God continue to give peace, comfort, and strength to us all. May God Almighty be praised always! You are a great blessing to me and to those for whom you pray.

Blessings, love, and big hugs, sweet friends,


Stamps: Mossy Pots and Paperwhites (Power Poppy)
Paper: Solar White (Neenah), White (PTI), Riding Hood Red - retired (SU!), Sugar Plum paper pad (My Mind's Eye)
Ink: Tuxedo Black (Memento)
Tools/Accessories: Copic markers, Stitched Shapes Framelits/Squares (SU!), Twine and Bows (Pretty Pink Posh), pearls (Martha Stewart), X-Press It adhesive tape, Tombow Mono Glue, Mini Perfect Layers tool, Gemini Junior die-cutting machine
Techniques: Copic coloring
Card Size: A-2
Copic Markers: Flower - BV20, YR31, YR30, Y000; Holly Leaves - G20, G43; Holly Berries - R35, R37; Blue Ornament - B0000, B000, BG53, BG72; Blue Ornament Top - Y28; Red Ornament - R00, R20, R21, R14, R32 (some R35); Shading - BG0000

15 comments:

Gloria Stengel said...

I am so happy to be posting on your blog today! May the Lord continue to heal you, guide you, and comfort you! As for the card...I totally adore this design! And that bow die...so CUTE! This is the perfect card to make up with odds and ends of Christmas patterned paper...and mail them out!

Barb said...

Cheryl, your card is lovely! And I am so pleased to see that you are creating and sharing your beautiful artwork with all of us again! God is good! Please take care, my sweet friend!

Stacy Morgan said...

So happy to see you back stamping girlie. Your CAS design is wonderful. Delighted to see you getting back into the swing of things, and yes it has been quite a year for you both. Hugs!

Barbara said...

Hello Cheryl, I am so very happy that you are creating again and supporting others as you did for me a long time ago. Your card is as always amazing and God is certainly good and in your life as you share with others.

Jerri Jimenez said...

God Bless you and keep you in his loving arms Cheryl . . . You are such an inspiration to all of us! Your card is stunning, and I truly love the bow die . . . it completes the design. I'm so happy you're feeling well enough to design this sweet card. You're in my prayers sweet friend. Sending love and hugs!!!!

Donna Ellis said...

It is exquisite, Cheryl. I look forward to good news in December from your blood work and CAT scan. Blessings to you. hugs, de

CaroleAnn said...

Cheryl

I love your card but your blog site is just beautiful! I loved what you wrote about Our Lord and was very curious about how your church is using the "Sonshine Card Ministry".

I love making little bookmarks with Scriptures for the Ladies Ministry at our church. At Christmas I make a basket of all occasion cards. Some with Scriptures and some without.

I pray for your continued recovery and I share your love of Jesus and I know first hand how strong prayers are as it has brought both my husband, my sister and myself thru some trying times with diffferent cancers. He is so good to us! I love Philippians 4:6-7 as it has brought me so much piece with my anxiety.

I am very fond of Ephesians 2:8-10 as He has a purose for us all which He created beforehand!!! That always blows my mind!!!

Your cards are beautiful. Keep creating so we can all enjoy your creative spirit!

Big Hugs and blessings and prayers coming your way!
CaroleAnn

Conniecrafter said...

So good to see another wonderful creation from you my friend, the lovely paper you picked for your inspiration in coloring is so sweet. I love the little touch the bow gives, yes Leslie can be quite the enabler.
Praying that your next check up shows all is well, God is good all the time!

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

Ypur creations and uplifting encouragement thoughts always bless my heart dear sweet Cheryl. So glad you're up to creating for power poppy too. You showcase Marcella's images beautifully! Praying scans are all clear, glasses are wonderful after cataract surgery...
Praying blessing on hubby too.
Thanks for sharing, and may God bless and keep you and all whom you love safe and well.
Prayer hugs, Shaz in Oz. X

{Wonderful Words of Life - Shaz in Oz}
{Calligraphy Cards - Shaz in Oz}

Cheryl said...

Continuing to pray for you, dear friend, and believing that the best is yet to come! Sending much love and many hugs your way today, in Jesus' name.

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Hello my friend! Continuing to pray for you!!! Miss chatting with you<3 Your card is gorgeous and of course I always love your shared scripture and perspective. All my love!

Leslie Miller said...

Sweet Cheryl, this little ornamental grouping is absolute perfection! I will certainly hope to use this arrangement on its own one day. Love the card design, and your die cut string bow with pearl is the ideal finish. The wrap makes it authentic! Beautifully colored, as always. It's so good to see you stamping, doing what you can at a safe pace. Sending hugs!

Helen Gullett said...

Such gorgeous and festive card, dear friend! I like your coloring too.

Monika/Buzsy said...

What a lovely card Cheryl... that image is so pretty... love the cluster of ornaments and flowers. Great coloring as usual... There's a lot to be thankful for that is for sure! He is a loving Father!

Henriëtte Creatively Happy said...

I have chosen this beautiful card as a CASE card for the 12 Day's of Christmas event at the PP blog.
A great example that it not always have to be a big image, this little beauty is realy the eyecatcher on the card.
Thank you so much Cheryl for your awesome inspirations, stay safe and Happy Holidays.