Pages

Saturday, September 15, 2018

Bountiful Bouquet

Hello, sweet friends! 

Today I am happy to join my Power Poppy Instant Gardeners. Marcella Hawley has illustrated a brand new digital image release for us, and it is both beautiful and versatile. She colored it with her masterful watercoloring to delight and inspire us as we celebrate fall.


Power Poppy, Marcella Hawley, Instant Garden Digital Image, September 2018

Here's what Marcella shared:
"Emanating autumnal élan, Beautiful Bouquet features TWO focal images! One illustration is large and in charge  with three Rudbeckia blooms intertwined with berries and leaves. A second illustration is a pitcher filled with the same Rudbeckia flowers, plus branches of fruiting persimmon and the vivid stems of pokeweed berries. Two sentiments encouraging happiness and mindfulness round out this bountiful digi set."
Since we live in South Florida, we do not experience fall as do our northern friends here in the States. Having grown up in New Jersey, I always looked forward to seeing the leaves turn gorgeous colors in the fall. Since Marcy shares the names of each flower and plant, we can find inspiration for coloring with a few clicks on the internet. However, she always encourages us to color as our hearts desire. So I decided to color this beautifully filled pitcher with vibrant colors (to remind me of what I am missing up north).

Since the pitcher image is tall, I decided to keep the layout simple and make the image as large as possible. I did a "test run" with my color combinations and then happily colored another "Marcella" beauty! The details in her illustrations are amazing, aren't they? After I finished coloring, I used a stitched die to trim my colored piece and then matted it with "Copic-enhanced" card stock to match the pitcher. I used my Mini MISTI to add the lovely birthday blessings sentiment from Artistic Bouquet clear stamp set. A dear friend has a birthday next week, and she loves and grows many flowers. I hope she will enjoy this card. 

Power Poppy, Marcella Hawley, Bountiful Bouquet, CherylQuilts, Designed by Cheryl Scrivens, September 2018

Birthdays are special days to celebrate God's gracious gift of life here on earth. He has known us since before the earth was formed and joins with us in celebrating the joy of each birthday. As we awake each morning, may we be reminded that God has a purpose for us each day. May we find joy in each day.


For you formed my inward parts;
You knitted me together in my mother's womb.
I praise You, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made.
Wonderful are Your works; my soul knows it very well.
Psalm 139:13-14

For my stamping friends, you will find this new digital image at Power Poppy. Hop on over to the Power Poppy blog and see what Marcy shares about this wonderful new digital release and see what my teammates have to share. Of course, you have most likely been following Marcella's newest clear stamp release, Natural Wonders.

This week Splitcoaststampers has a fun Ways To Use It Challenge, and we are to use fruit on our cards. Persimmons are fruit, and I have some ripe ones in this lovely image. 

Oh, my dear and sweet friends, you are truly loved. Thank you so much for your visits and comments. I know there are special prayer requests that I have continued to remember, and I know that God will encourage and bless you all. May God give peace and comfort to those suffering loss and encouragement to us all. You are a joy to me.

Blessings, sweet friends,


StampsBountiful Bouquet and Artistic Bouquet (Power Poppy) 
Paper: X-Press It Blending Card, Baja Breeze colored with BG72 to match pitcher (SU!)
Ink: Onyx Black (Versafine), printer
Tools/Accessories: Copic markers, A2 Stitched Rectangle STAX Set 1 dies (My Favorite Things), Mini MISTI tool, Mini Perfect Layers tool, red tape
Card Size: 4 3/4" x 5 5/8"

26 comments:

Conniecrafter said...

Oh my Cheryl this is just Gorgeous, the colors you have chosen are just wonderful together, love that pitcher and how you matched the base of your card to it, pulling it all together! Your dear friend will be so thrilled with this beauty, something she can have on display all Fall season. I love how we can send special cards to those we love letting them know how special they are in our lives and how special they are in God's eyes :)

Katy McGloin said...

Cheryl, this card is stunning. And what a joy that I decided to hunt for your blog! You will be seeing me often as I receive inspiration from both your lovely coloring and your reminders of our Lord's love.

Angelnorth said...

Beautiful image and your colouring is, as usual, absolutely stellar! I love the way the berries shine and the grounding is perfect. I’m sure your friend will be thrilled with her card, I hope she has a wonderful birthday!

Barbara said...

My goodness, you did a fabulous artistic job on this beauty. The flowers look so real, like a painting and this should be framed and displayed. I am bringing some girlfriends to Naples this week, but then back home to enjoy some fall weather and colors. See you in November for the season.

ShazInOzCardsCalligraphy said...

My precious sis.. wow what a stunner of an image and so skilfully coloured too your images well done!! Love it and love the verses too indeed "my lips shall praise Thee, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made and this my soul knoweth right well" was one that really challenged my heart in my youth as I felt hard done by in things in my life and being.
However now I see my life is the richer for these hard things and I really praise God for them.
Prayer hugs Shaz in Oz.x

Stacy Sheldon said...

the shadow's on this give it such a fabulous realistic look Cheryl, wow! beautifully done!

Kia's Place said...

Such a delightful image Cheryl, and beautifully coloured it is. I love the ripe persimmons, and the wonderful way in which you grounded this with the darker colour in the mug and matting. Gorgeous!

Lin said...

Oh, Cheryl, this is darling - LOVE the checked pitcher! What a sweet autumn arrangement!

Donna Ellis said...

Hello, Cheryl! Your checkered vase is cute, with the bright Autumn coloring in the floral arrangement! Like you, we don't experience much of an Autumn, if any, but we have crepe myrtle "trees" whose leaves turn gold and orange before falling fall for the winter - so that counts as something! LOL Love the simplicity of your creation to showcase the beautifully colored arrangement. Lovely! hugs, de

Cheryl said...

Dear friend, your name is on my prayer list, and I continue to pray for you, too. Your prayers are so appreciated! And, the beautiful picture is just so wonderful, as always. :) Sending hugs and blessings to you today!

Patti J said...

Cheryl, Marcella's images are always beautiful, but you bring them to life with your amazing coloring and design work. I know that I'm one of the lucky ones that your prayers are helping. Thank you so much for being such a good, faithful friend! Hugs and blessings to you!

Beccy said...

Wow, what a fabulous card! Cheryl, your colouring is awesome... those persimmons are just about jumping off the page! I love the deep, intense hues you chose for all the different elements, it's a perfect palette for autumn. Gorgeous.
Cheers,
Beccy

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Oh Cherryl, what a gorgeous, gorgeous card, love the amazing coloring of this image that totally shines against that impeccable white background.
Thank you so much for sharing.
Sending hugs and love.

Maria Rodriguez.

Tracie said...

What a gorgeous card. As always, your coloring has just knocked it out of the park. Love it.

Susie said...

Oh my lovely goodness is this beautiful, Cheryl! Your coloring is so nice on this piece. I truly love it!

Hugs, Susie ~

Stacy Morgan said...

Gorgeous! Cheryl this is awesome and I agree printing this large is the way to go. The picture looks great with the colored checkered look. Super clean feeling and gorgeous coloring.

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Gorgeous Cheryl!! I just love the coloring and your checkered look as well as the shadows. You are so talented my friend. You do wonderful work with Marcella's gorgeous images. They compliment each other beautifully and looks beautiful in a more simplistic card design. I so enjoyed chatting with you tonight my friend. Big hugs!!!

Caly Person said...

Persimmons are one of my favorite fruits. It’s amazing how Marcella’s love for nature transpire to stamped and digital images so well! I love your card and hope you are well, Cheryl! Miss you!

Tracy said...

Refreshing is the word that comes to mind. I think it's the checkerboard pattern on the vase that makes me think of Susan Winget's style. Lovin' the detail on the bottom daisies coloring.

SewPaperPaint said...

What a stunningly colored autumn bouquet! It looks so dimensional with the subtle shading! The colors are glorious. I hope you are doing well. Hugs, Autumn

Marisa said...

Your colouring is amazing as always. Can almost reach out and touch the floral arrangement :) Hope you didn't suffer lots of rain and flooding from the hurricane that hit NC ((hugs))!

Marge said...

Oh what beautiful images and coloring, Cheryl! Marcella is such a gifted lady and she chose a perfect person for her stamps. Your this story is so touching and I totally agree. Love your vivid colors with shades. I've been busy these days but I'm always thinking of you. It's such an exciting thing to remind that my friend is living in sunny Florida over the Pacific ocean and American continent. Blessings .

Marge

Anita Kejriwal said...

Such beautiful coloring . It looks just perfect .

Pretty Paper Junkie said...

Masterful coloring Cheryl! Pure perfection! Then again, what else would I expect from my sweet friend?

Leslie Miller said...

An absolute favorite from among all Marcy's images! Truly a must have. Cheryl, your coloring is sublime! The white with just a bit of shadowing makes this stand out beautifully. I'll sum it up in one word -- WOW!

Monika/Buzsy said...

Sweet card Cheryl. The coloring is just as beautiful as always. You have a talent God gave you. Thank you for sharing it with us!