Pages

Sunday, June 05, 2016

Power Poppy Birthday Celebration Continues

Hello, wonderful friends! Well, the weekend is nearly over, and I hope all my stamping friends have had an opportunity to visit the Power Poppy blog to see the new "Power & Spark Challenge" and also visited the Power Poppy Shop to take advantage of the big sale. Remember to enter the discount code MORECOLOR at checkout to get 10% off any clear or digital stamp sets. 

There is still time to join in the celebration "Color Your Way To Win." Play along and be a Power Poppy Peep all weekend long! Grab your favorite coloring medium, and show us your finished colored Power Poppy image. Put your link as a comment on the Power Poppy post on Passionate Paper Creations & Friends' Facebook page. One winner will receive a $25 gift code to the Power Poppy Shop.

Today is Marcy's birthday. Happy birthday, sweet Marcy! You are dearly loved!

As part of Marcy's birthday celebration, she has THREE newly remixed digital sets, each with three sentiments. She shares: 
"They are all fishing related – because this girl grew up fishing, one of my long-term clients is a fly fishing outfitter, my brother is a fly fishing guide, and my dad even taught me how to tie my own flies as a kid. This release is near and dear to my heart, so we're going to, dare I say, blog it out of the water." 
The three new digital sets are called Reel Deal, Leaping Trout, and Fly Guy. And what a great way to celebrate the man in your life or use one of these for Father's Day. I chose Fly Guy to make a birthday card. I always struggle with masculine cards, but this was a fun one to use. And I know all three will come in handy this summer/fall for our three sons and two grandsons.

Power Poppy, Marcella Hawley, Fly Guy, Remixed Digital Release, June 2016

I decided to use the Wonky Stitched Rectangles die, so I pulled in the image into Word and resized it to fit. I printed a sample to make sure and then make it a bit smaller to fit into the stitching. The I colored using the X-Press It Blending Card, which is really great for large areas because it blends so well. Then I cut my die and used my MISTI to stamp the "happy birthday" from the Go Wild clear set and used my Mini Perfect Layers tool to add a green mat before adding it to the card base. It's a very mail friendly card, and I know all three of these new digital sets will really help me with all my masculine cards this year – yay!

Power Poppy, Marcella Hawley, Fly Guy, Digital Remixed Image, CherylQuilts, Designed by Cheryl Scrivens, June 2016

Birthdays are a special time to celebrate the lives of family and friends, and it reminds me that we are all made for God's purpose and that He has plans for us each day. In fact, His plans were in place long before we were born. May we glorify and honor Him in all that we do and say.

For You formed my inward parts;
You knitted me together in my mother's womb.
I praise You, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made.
Psalm 139:13-14a

Now it's time to visit my amazing teammates and see what set they've used at the Power Poppy blog! Be sure to visit Power Poppy to get this new digital release to use today and take advantage of the big sale.

Thanks so much for "stopping by" and sharing a comment, thought or question, and I wish you a wonderful week! (I am entering this card in the current Word Art Wednesday challenge.)

Blessings,


Stamps:  Fly GuyGo Wild (Power Poppy) 
Paper: X-Press It Blending Card, White (PTI), Wild Wasabi (SU)
Ink: Onyx Black (Versafine)
Tools/Accessories: Copic markers, Wonky Stitched Rectangles STAX dies (MFT), MISTI, Mini Perfect Layers tool, Uni-Ball Signo white gel pen
Techniques: Digital images using Microsoft Word
Card Size: A-2

26 comments:

Leslie Miller said...

Wow! This is amazing, Cheryl! I hope to color one of these for a birthday later on. You did a fantastic job with it and I love those Wonky Stitched Rectangles. Been wanting those and the squares for a long time. Perfect spot for a sentiment, too. Fishing has always been a big part of my life, too. I never did much of it, but all the guys sure do. Love this!

Pauline said...

Amszing! Love your card Cheryl! I don't have any fishermen guys in our family, but I"m sure tempted to get this anyway. Your colouring is fabulous as always, and love that 'wonky stitched' die. Every time I try to order it it's out of stock. Hugs,

Tosha Leyendekker said...

Gorgeous Cheryl!! Your coloring is fabulous, as always, and I love your framing!

Unknown said...

Cheryl, fly fishing is a part of my heritage as well, but not me. The image is so real looking and the wonky stitching looks a bit like fishing line so another great choice. Thank you so much for posting your very beautiful art in the #232-#233 - Anything Goes FF Word Art Wednesday Challenge.
Blessings, Carole

Susan Lankford said...

Hi...The wonky stitching looks great on your perfect masculine card!

Robin Clendenning said...

OMGoodness, I so love this!! I have to get this image! My fellas love fishing! Your card is beautiful, your coloring is so lovely Cheryl! Love you my sweet friend!

A Place for Kia said...

I can't help but think of having that fishie come out of the water and smack one in the face for disturbing his peaceful day! giggles, so awesome sweet lady!

Jerri Jimenez said...

Cheryl, what a perfect Father's Day card. My dad would love it! He was a fisherman before he became too ill to go. Your coloring is beautiful, and the stitching is perfect for the scene! Sending hugs my sweet friend!

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

Cheryl, you colored this new image so beautifully! I love how clean and clear the water looks. What a lovely scene accented by your frame die. Lovely work!

Donna Ellis said...

Cheryl, hope this finds you doing well, and not floating out to sea from all these rains! Your card is colored so beautifully with lovely shading and striking color choices. Sigh. Very lovely, indeed. A wonderful work of art for a man! Thinking of you fondly, de

Davi said...

Super man card Cheryl! I love the way you colored is, Very nice!! One of my favorite scriptures :) Have a blessed week!

Vicki Burdick said...

Cheryl, I love this image and your perfect copic coloring!! The wonky stitched rectangle is perfect for this image. Stunning card my sweet friend.

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

Oooh Cheryl a wodnerful card indeed again, do love the images, and of course your superb colouring and design and if had any fly fishermen in our family, they would be good, I actually dont like fishing .. funny eh?...
.. and haven't seen those wonky rectangles dies either if want on yet another buying ban, I might have to look but not allowed to even look at the mo :D good for me to behave for a change.

May we indeed seek to glorify our God by what we do, for that is why we were made to bring God pleasure.
As says in Rev 4:12: 11 Thou art worthy, O Lord, to receive glory and honour and power: for thou hast created all things, and for thy pleasure they are and were created.
Thanks so much for the inspiration.
Shaz in Oz.x

{Shaz in Oz – Calligraphy Cards}

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Oh how gorgeous Cheryl!! I love your coloring especially how the blue fades on the edges!! Such a great masculine image!! I need that one!! They would go perfect with our fly fishing pen on Etsy.

Yes, we must thank God for each day of our lives. He gives us pleasure to in turn give pleasure to Him. All we have is from Him. Thanks for sharing your words and scripture. You are such a blessing sweet friend!! Love and hugs!!
Chris

Karen Dunbrook said...

Such a 'wow' card mf....amazing!!!! colouring and I just love how you did the blue bkg. Your cards are so special. My Adam would go crazy for this card! Thanks for inspiring mf
hugs,
Karen

Conniecrafter said...

Oh my Cheryl your coloring of this image is just outstanding, love the water and the fish especially, I struggle so much trying to achieve good coloring of those. How neat that so many in your family are into that. My Dad use to fly fish when I was younger but he quit as he got older although he still fished. Beautiful job with this card!!

Unknown said...

What an AWESOME masculine card! Your coloring is perfection, of course! Love those wonky stitched dies (I must buy them!) That whole image is just perfect....no accents needed! PERFECT! :)

Pretty Paper Junkie said...

Just perfectly wonderful! First, you've colored this image with such skill and perfection. You must tell me how you managed the BG so beautifully. Love the die.
Thanks for sharing the memories. I learned something new about our sweet Cheryl.

Lisa Lara said...

You brought this digi to life Cheryl. wOW.

Marisa said...

Your colouring is amazing!!! What a great image and you have brought it to life - makes me want to go fishing LOL! Sure to bring great pleasure to the recipient - yeah for mail friendly cards too!! Hugs to yoU!!

Patti J said...

Cheryl, your card is alive! Your coloring is perfect, and the image looks like he could look up and say hello. Great job, my friend, as always! Blessings...

Stacy Morgan said...

Now this is a guy card! What are you talking about? Your coloring is outstanding... so much so I wish I had chose a different image for my card. ack! The stitching all tangled is perfect for a fishermen. hee hee Love the simplicity girlie, this is wonderful!

Tracy said...

This is such a fantastic image for masculine cards. We don't fly fish but hubby and I do love to fish. Just took the boat out yesterday and caught some yummy white trout. Your coloring is outstanding my friend and I love the fun of the wonky die cut. Hugs!

Stephanie said...

Hello, sweet Cheryl! Oh friend, what a joy it is to be visiting with you this morning. I hope you are well and enjoying this lovely month of June.

You have created such a wonderful card and like Patti said, your card is alive! I agree :)

Thinking of you, dear one, and sending love and hugs your way!

Traci M said...

I love your flyisherman and that trout looks pretty realistic! My husband is an avid fly fisherman so I have made a couple of cards of Marcella's older sets...may have to give this digital a try!! Wonderful card, Cheryl!!

Monika/Buzsy said...

Fantastic masculine card Cheryl. What a great image... and amazing coloring. The stitched border lines look great framing the image.