Pages

Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Sunflower Blessings

Our Daily Bread Designs, ODBDSLC214, Doily Blessings, Sunflowers, Recipe & Tags Dies, CherylQuilts, Designed by Cheryl Scrivens

This is Week One of our Shining the Light Fall Inspiration Challenge  such a wonderful selection of four ideas to inspire you!

Our Daily Bread Designs, ODBDSLC214, Fall Inspiration Challenge

I chose the top left corner image with the beautiful sunflowers using the orange and green of the pumpkin and leaves. I colored Sunflowers as my focal image and layered it on two matted designer paper patterns, piercing the top layer. Then a simple seam binding bow dyed to match with the wonderful sentiment from Doily Blessings using one of the the Recipe Card & Tags dies. It's a simple card that I hope will express my love for the friend who receives it - she has been a blessing to me in so many ways! 

Yes, I do love sunflowers, and I love that they follow the sun as it moves from dawn to dusk. It's amazing, and it reminds me of this precious passage from Psalm 34 (such a wonderful Psalm):

I sought the LORD, and He answered me
and delivered me from all my fears.
Those who look to Him are radiant,
and their faces shall never be ashamed.
Psalm 34:4-5

We can learn a lesson from the sunflower by always turning our face to the LORD by reading the Bible and praying.

To see all the designs in one place or join the challenge, please visit Our Daily Bread Designs Blog. You have until October 5 to join us. You may use any stamps to enter, but if you have any Our Daily Bread Designs stamps, we would love to see you use them. By participating in the challenge, you have an opportunity to win a $15 ODBD gift certificate good towards the purchase of stamps in the "stamps column" on the ODBD website or to be "spotlighted" for the Shining the Light Award. We would love to see your designs!

For more beautiful inspiration ideas for this challenge, please visit my precious design team sisters:


I have also entered this card for this week's Word Art Wednesday challenge.  

Thanks so much for "stopping by" and sharing a comment, thought, or prayer request, and I hope you have a wonderful week!

For His glory,

Card Recipe:
Stamps:  Doily Blessings, Sunflowers (ODBD)
Paper: Classic White (Neenah), Vintage Cream (PTI), Really Rust (SU), Stella Rose/Mabel (My Mind's Eye)
Ink: Tuxedo Black (Memento), Black (Versafine)
Tools/Accessories: Copic markers, Recipe Card & Tags dies (ODBD), Petite Ovals dies (Spellbinders), seam binding (dyed with E97), piercing tool, 3M dimensional tape, red tape
Techniques: Fussy cutting, paper-piercing
Card Size:  5" x 7"


16 comments:

Conniecrafter said...

very pretty, I just love that paper to compliment your pretty flowers!

Robin Clendenning said...

Ah Cheryl, I love what you said about being like the sunflower and always turning our face toward Him!! So so true and He makes our faces glow with love for Him doesn't He? I love your sunflowers and your striped paper is so pretty! Lovely card for fall my sweet friend!!

DJ Rants said...

Isn't it amazing how sunflowers never turn their faces from the sun?! Perfect image for this inspiration and I love the designer paper that you chose to go with it!!

Stephanie said...

Happy Fall, sweet friend! Your card is positively beautiful and so charming for Autumn.

Enjoy your week, dear one! Hugs!

Jerri Jimenez said...

So beautiful Cheryl, gorgeous papers, a fabulous design and beautiful coloring.

Unknown said...

Cheryl,
I love the way the sunflower follows the sun. Your card is very beautiful. The colors just seem to be best friends. Thank you so much for joining our 150th challenge at Word Art Wednesday. I thank God for your participation and I pray you will have a day filled with joy.

Carole Robb Bisson

Lynn McAuley said...

Beautiful work with these gorgeous sunflowers, Cheryl! The papers and ribbon are divine with this fabulous image!

Grace said...

Cheryl your card is so pretty! Your papers are such a perfect compliment to your beautiful coloring of the image! I love sunflowers too and loved reading your words on how they turn all day long to face the sun.... great object lesson for us to always remember!!! Hoping you are doing well my sweet friend!
hugs,
Grace

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

I just love the verse you associated with your gorgeous card!! We can take a lesson from the sunflower!! Your colors and papers compliment the sunflowers beautifully!! I so love your coloring, the piercing and design!! You are such an inspiration my friend!
hugs,
Chris

Alshandra said...

Cheryl your card is so beautiful. LOVE the colours you've used and your sunflowers are coloured so beautifully. Your paper piercing is perfect (as always!) and the bow and tag are gorgeous too. Thanks for sharing that verse and what a beautiful lesson from sunflowers - I will be sharing that one with my two little girls. Thank you!

Linda Carson said...

Your verse is perfect for your card! I love this ODBD image and you colored it beautifully! Looks like you used X-Press It papers! Wink! Love the pp too! Just simply divine!

Greta said...

Beautiful papers & your coloring matches perfectly! This is just beautiful, Cheryl--I know it will be treasured! Hugs, Greta

Tracy said...

This card will bring a smile to anyone's face Cheryl. I love that paper collection. Mine's almost gone. :-( Wonderfully designed and beautifully colored. Have a blessed day!

Francine said...

Dear Cheryl, I'm following your blog too (with Bloglovin) and just want to let you my first comment here! :-) Your card is so wonderful! I love the design and the paper you chose. The colors are so bright. Have a nice Sunday! Hugs! Francine (PS: so happy when I got your message and will write back next week!) :-)

Leslie Miller said...

I love sunflowers! Who could not love them? These are so playful all lined up there with your pretty coloring. The paper has the most gorgeous colors in it, and you made the seam binding a perfect match! So lovely, Cheryl!

Becky said...

Cheryl, this is beautiful! Love the design paper you used with this set. Seems we all were thinking a like this week with this challenge :).