Pages

Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Love can be blue...

Our Daily Bread Designs, Be Mine, ODBD Custom Ornate Heart dies, ODBD Custom Beautiful Borders dies, CherylQuilts, Shining the Light Challenge, Designed by Cheryl Scrivens

Yes, a love card can be blue, but it doesn't make you feel blue when it says "I love you!"  

This week's Shining the Light challenge is Make a Love-Themed or Valentine's Day Card in Non-Traditional Colors (no red or pink).

So I chose my favorite color - blue. I used two shades of blue and vanilla with some designer paper. This week I had fun playing with the new Ornate Hearts dies, layering them and adding a tiny sentiment from Be Mine. I added a pop-up under the center heart and glued down only the outer lacy heart layer to give it dimension and then popped the whole heart on the card. This is the first time I used the new Beautiful Borders dies, which are gorgeous! I threaded some thin ribbon (from my stash) at the top and added some gems to give it some sparkle. It's hard to believe that I did no coloring...rare for me! But it was fun playing with these lovely dies!

So, if you feel blue today for whatever reason, I trust you will remember that God loves you dearly and wants to love and encourage us...no matter our situation. God's love is different from human love in that it is not based on feelings or emotions. He loves us because He is love and sacrificed His Son for us.

...but God shows His love for us
in that while we were still sinners, 
Christ died for us.
Romans 5:8

And the best part is that it doesn't depend on how I feel!  Praise God He is my only source of True Love, and that gives me deep peace. May you also know that peace and comfort.

To see all the creations in one place or join the challenge, please visit Our Daily Bread Designs Blog. You have until February 16 to join us. You may use any stamps to enter, but if you have any Our Daily Bread Designs stamps, we would love to see you use them. If you participate, you have an opportunity to win a $15 certificate toward ODBD stamps or to be "spotlighted" for the Shining the Light Award (the SLC award is only for those who use ODBD stamps). We would love to see your creations!

For more beautiful inspiration ideas for this challenge, please visit my precious design team sisters:


Thanks so much for "stopping by" and leaving a comment or sharing a thought. And may we all remember that God loves us with an everlasting love!

For His glory,

Card Recipe:
Stamps: Be Mine (ODBD)
Paper: Marina Mist, Not Quite Navy, Very Vanilla, and Designer Series Patterns Stack - Subtles Collection (SU)
Ink: Not Quite Navy (SU)
Tools/Accessories: ODBD Custom Ornate Hearts diesODBD Custom Beautiful Borders dies, gems (Jolee), ribbon (from my stash), PerfectLayers tool, Glue n' Seal, 3M dimensional tape, red tape, 
Card Size: 6" square

15 comments:

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Oh sweet Cheryl, this card is gorgeous with the blue and white combo, the simple elegance with the sentiment in the middle of your heart and your layering of dies!! I love it!!

Have a blessed day sweet friend!!

hugs,
Chris

Grace said...

Ooooh Cheryl this blue valentine just makes me tickled pink!!! :) LOVE the shades of blue you chose and the ribbon threaded through the beautiful border! Love the sentiment stamped in the heart center! Such clean lines, and oh so beautiful!!! Loved reading your thoughts today as well! What a comfort to know His love is not dependent on my feelings or my actions... but HIS Nature, which IS LOVE! Thanks for blessing my morning!!!

hugs,
Grace

Robin Clendenning said...

Oh gorgeous card my friend!! It certainly DOES NOT make me feel blue! I love this heart combo in blue!! Love the ribbon in your lace border and the rhinestones!! I hadn't thought of those there...LOVE it! Love the freshness of the blue and white! and your sweet "I <3 you!" in the center!! Lovely!

Stacy Morgan said...

First... I like the blue as you know, second this is very crisp and clean. I do like the feel of the border along the bottom, very pretty Cheryl.

Linda Carson said...

Quite lovely Ms. Cheryl!! You took my favorite color, dressed it up and made it even more beautiful! Love the ribbon and gems!

Alshandra said...

I love your card Cheryl. Such a beautiful blue you've chosen. I really love how you popped up the middle of the heart. What a great idea and I love the way it looks. Beautiful and elegant card!

Karen Dunbrook said...

I love your beatiful card Mf....so pretty in blue, our fav colour!
sending hugs,
Karen

DJ Rants said...

Oh Cheryl, what a vision in blue!! Very beautiful and the dot bg makes it so sweet!! I'm sorry that you're feeling blue, I have that problem with stress and have to remind myself that God's in control, loves us and is always with us!! Hugs!!

Diana Nguyen said...

Gorgeous card and I see you've managed to use some tiny ribbons too! Brilliant!

DebR said...

This is so gorgeous! Love everything about it..very elegant.

Katie Sims said...

How pretty Cheryl! It has a homespun feel to me which certainly emotes a feeling of love! What a great non-traditional colored Valentine...it will make someone's day for sure!! :)

Greta said...

This is stunning, Cheryl! Hope you have a lovely day, my friend!

Becky said...

wow, what a beautiful card, such beautiful colors.

JD/ Jill said...

Beautiful card...and it does look perfect in BLUE!

Leslie Miller said...

Oh, how pretty! Love can be any color you want, and it doesn't hurt to throw in a few polka dots, either!