Pages

Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Graceful Dogwood

Our Daily Bread Designs, Grow in Grace, CherylQuilts, Shining the Light Challenge

This is one of my many favorite ODBD Scripture verse stamps that I've used a lot on cards. It's brief but brings such comfort. When I started this card, it was going in a totally different direction. But then I learned of a friend who lost his wife this week and decided on this CAS (clean and simple) style with the dogwood branch and the verse from the ODBD set Grow in Grace.  I added a few pearls and the lacy border at the bottom.

When I read the larger passage of 2 Corinthians 12:9-10, it has great meaning for me personally. And I trust that I will bring comfort to Bob, his children, and grandchildren.

"But He said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for My power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly of my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may rest upon me. For the sake of Christ, then, I am content with weaknesses, insults, hardships, persecutions, and calamities. For when I am weak, then I am in strong."

This week's Shining the Light challenge is an Inspiration ChallengeHopefully, it's obvious which photo I selected!  It was hard to select one, since they are both so lovely.



To see all the creations in one place or join the challenge, please visit Our Daily Bread Designs Blog. You have until January 26 to join us. You may use any stamps to enter, but if you have any Our Daily Bread Designs stamps, we would love to see you use them. If you participate, you have an opportunity to win a $15 certificate toward ODBD stamps or to be "spotlighted" for the Shining the Light Award (the SLC award is only for those who use ODBD stamps). We so love seeing your creations!

To see some gorgeous inspiration for this challenge, please visit my precious design team sisters:


I have also entered this card for this week's Word Art Wednesday challenge. 

Thanks so much for "stopping by" and leaving a comment or sharing a thought. I trust you will be encouraged and find someone this week who needs words of encouragement and hope. Keep warm, and have a wonderful week!

For His glory,

Card Recipe:
Stamps:  Grow in Grace (ODBD)
Paper: Solar White (Neenah), White (PTI), Cool Caribbean (SU)
Ink: Tuxedo Black (Memento)
Tools/Accessories: Copic markers, Eyelet Lace border punch (Martha Stewart), pearls (Kaiser), PerfectLayers tool
Card Size:  A-2

16 comments:

Unknown said...

The border is so crisp, the pearls set down perfectly and that floral image is beautiful. What a peaceful and beautiful card to carry a message of comfort. Thank you for dropping by and sharing your inspirational art with us today.
Blessings
Carole Robb Bisson
Word Art Wednesday

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Oh my dear Cheryl!! Your creations always inspire me!! You ace the CAS design!! Your coloring is absolutely gorgeous and I adore all the white space, the verse, and the delicate border on the bottom. Gorgeous take on the inspiration sweet friend!!

hugs,
Chris

Robin Clendenning said...

I love your verse and your flowers are so lovely! Love the border punch you used and the little sliver of blue mat! Beautiful my friend!

Cathymac said...

The lacy border and the clean, crisp design make this a truly elegant card, Cheryl...Gorgeous in every way! I know your friend will be greatly comforted when he receives this! Hugs, my friend!

Sabrina Jackson said...

Cheryl, sweet friend, your card is absolutely stunning! That border and your amazing coloring make this card...just lovely and will comfort to anybody! Hugs and blessings, Sabrina

Susie said...

Beautiful crisp, clean stamping, and lovely coloring, Cheryl. The lacy edge and pearls were just enough to make this CAS a very striking card for both ODBD and the Word Art Wednesday Challenge.

Linda Carson said...

Delightful! It is simple yet classy and enhanced with such an encouraging scripture that will bring comfort to your friend! Love the border punch!

Linda Carson said...

A delight to the eyes! Quite classy and enhanced w/such an encouraging scripture! Love the border punch! Love it Ms. Cheryl!!

Leslie Miller said...

Oh, Cheryl, this is beautiful! Simple in design, but with a touch of elegance. Your coloring is as good as it gets!

Karen Letchworth said...

I love the simplicity of this card, Cheryl. It really allows the eyes to focus on the beautiful stamping and lovely scripture. I always enjoy art made with God's precious Word, and I thank you SO MUCH for sharing with us. I appreciate it SO very much. May God bless you as you share.
Hugs,
Karen
Word Art Wednesday

DebR said...

This is so beautiful Cheryl. You always do such awesome, beautiful work!
I really appreciate all your wonderful comments on my work.
Big Hugs,
Debbie Reed

DJ Rants said...

What a pretty CAS card, Cheryl!! Wonderfully colored flowers and beautifully placed verse!!

Kelley said...

Cheryl, thank you for making such a beautiful card and for my scripture lesson today. Both are so beautiful!!

Dorothy S said...

What a beautiful CAS card - the dogwood is perfectly done. You really show the inspiration!

Marlena M. said...

This is a lovely card~I'm sure it will bring sweet comfort Cheryl!

Greta said...

I love your card, Cheryl--perfect scripture & design for a sympathy card. Great use of the inspiration photo!