Pages

Tuesday, October 25, 2016

Bittersweet Wreath

Hello, my sweet friends! We are definitely feeling some cooler temperatures here in South Florida, as we are approaching my favorite month of the year. Yesterday we did our weekly shopping, and it was a joy to feel the cool breeze. I love November because the temperatures are cooler, the humidity is lower, and our orchids love it. 

Today I am sharing a newly remixed digital image called Bittersweet Wreath. Marcy has shared, "Given a bit of a shearing and a plumpen-upping, my remixed Bittersweet Wreath illustration downloads in a flash and colors up easily to make a beautiful Thanksgiving, fall or holiday card front. Two sentiments accompany this sweet and simple set." 


Power Poppy, Marcella Hawley, Bittersweet Wreath, Remixed Digital Image, October 2016

Today I have two cards to share. My first one is CAS (clean and simple in the stamping world) with this sweet wreath and the Scripture verse below it. I colored the bitty berries and leaves, die cut it, matted it, and adhered it to the card base. Easy, right?

Power Poppy, Marcella Hawley, Bittersweet Wreath, Remixed Digital Image, CherylQuilts, Designed by Cheryl Scrivens, October 2016

But one of the images I saw online kept my brain working. And finally yesterday I was able "put to paper" a card design that had been "ruminating" in my head for a few days. Here's the photograph of the bittersweet vine that inspired me. Are these the sweetest little berries...I just love the soft, warm colors!


Bittersweet - Milkay Photography (c)

As many of my stamping friends know, one of the wonderful things about digital images is being able to resize them. So I enlarged the wreath (by a lot....hehe!) and made two "copies" of it in Word. I rotated and arranged them to "frame" this wonderful Scripture verse. I used the same colors as the first card and a couple more colors and matted it. But something was missing...and that's when I decided that jute with a button would lend a more country feel. I used dimensional tape under the entire card front and mounted it to the card base. So there you have it...an easy card to make and color...just in time for this Thanksgiving season. I have printed out another one with the "Happy Thanksgiving" sentiment, so don't tell my family this is the card they will be receiving in the mail, okay? Hehe!


Power Poppy, Marcella Hawley, Bittersweet Wreath, Remixed Digital Image, CherylQuilts, Designed by Cheryl Scrivens, October 2016

As we approach Thanksgiving Day, may we continually thank God for His many blessings, remembering to rejoice even in difficult times. Our Father is good and gracious...and always uses difficulties for our good...even when we cannot see them as good at the time. He is always with us...in the good times and the hard times. 

Rejoice always, pray without ceasing,

give thanks in all circumstances;
for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you.
1 Thessalonians 5:16-18


So, my sweet stamping friends, it's time to hop on over to Power Poppy to get this new digital release to use today and check out the entire digital collection. Then visit the Power Poppy blog...and be sure to leave some "love" for my teammates, including Marcella, who continues to delight us all with her wonderful artistry...and heart! (Note: Due to internet issues, the Power Poppy sale is extended through Wednesday, October 26, midnight CT.)

Thanks so much for visiting and sharing a comment, thought, or question. I always love hearing from you, precious friends, and read each and every comment! You are such a joy, and I appreciate your friendship!

Blessings, dear friends,


Card One:
Stamps:  Bittersweet Wreath (Power Poppy) 
Paper: Solar White 80# and 110# (Neenah),  Cajun Craze (SU)
Ink:  Printer
Tools/Accessories: Copic markers, Stitched Rectangles dies (Simon Says Stamp!), Mini Perfect Layers tool, white tape
Techniques: Digital images using Microsoft Word
Card Size:  A-2
Copic markers used:  Leaves - YG03; Berries - Y32, R05


Card Two:
Stamps:  Bittersweet Wreath (Power Poppy) 
Paper: Solar White 80# and 110# (Neenah),  Peach Parfait (SU)
Ink:  Printer
Tools/Accessories: Copic markers, Mini Perfect Layers tool, natural jute (May Arts), Summer Sunrise button (PTI), 3M dimensional tape, white tape
Techniques: Digital images using Microsoft Word
Card Size:  A-2
Copic markers used:  Leaves - YG01, YG03; Berries - Y32, YR12, R05

24 comments:

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

Oh wow, you really did this image justice. I love the CAS card, but I really love how you were able to arrange the two images to create the pretty frame! It is a lovely sentiment and reminder to be thankful. Great work, Cheryl!

Lin said...

I love bittersweet, Cheryl, it's surely a sign of this gorgeous season! And your cards show off this lovely stamp to perfection! Love the sentiment, too!

SewPaperPaint said...

I really love this double take. I love how you bunched the wreath to make double use in the second card. What a pretty stamp and exquisite sentiments. <3 Hugs, Autumn

*Vicki* said...

This is such a delicate image and you've done it proud here Cheryl! I love how you've shown us two different ways to use this image and how it reflects on your happiness about the season too! :) This is my favorite time of year here in the Midwest and everything looks gorgeous...thanks for reminding me to stop and look around my friend! HUGS

A Place for Kia said...

This is incredibly gorgeous Cheryl - you have captured the beauty of bittersweet in every detail. I love love what you did with the image on the second card - stunning work sweet lady.

Marisa said...

Two great ways to use this image and love how different the cards look. Beautifully done times two :)

Deloris said...

Hi Cheryl, I agree with you that November in Florida is fabulous. I too am enjoying the lovely weather. So good to get outdoors again after the storms and high temps.

Your cards are lovely. That image is beautiful and your designs are wonderful as always.

Misti said...

WOW!! Cheryl, these are gorgeous! Love both of them!

Donna Ellis said...

Cheryl, I love seeing stamps used in more than one way, and your card creations are simply breathtaking! All that detail in the berries -- each one highlighted -- reminding us that every person is valuable, every living thing is full of light, if only we care to see it. Thank you for sharing such amazing artwork today! hugs, de

roseflowerbooks said...

Just gorgeous Cheryl! I love the beautiful cards and inspiring words. I rushed right over to Power Poppy to get that and a few other images you have showcased;)

Conniecrafter said...

Oh Cheryl they are both just Beautiful, I love these kind of wreaths and your coloring of them is perfect. Such a creative idea with using it in your second card, I love how you used them to frame the verse and you are so right the just and button are so perfect with it. Our Pastor has been preaching on "why things happen to us" on how God cries with us when we are hurting, it was a good image for me to think of how he is there by my side through all of life's ups and downs.

Susan Lankford said...

Love the tiny berries and great idea to enlarge for a completely different look! There is so much, in fact everything, to thank our Father for, but especially that he never leaves us in the hard times.

Stacy Morgan said...

Both of these are wonderful! I like how you separated out the wreath on the second one, that is awesome. Beautifully crisp and clean!

Barbara said...

I love a special CAS card and this one fills the bill. It is so classy and simply done. Both of these cards are sublime and there was no need to add any more. It is getting cooler here is Wisconsin, but that is the usual for here.

Robin Clendenning said...

Oh I love the second one especially because it is so different, way to use that stamp my friend! Wow, love the bit of orange/red too, looks so pretty!
Both cards are beautiful my sweet friend! You are amazing!

Anonymous said...

Such artistry, my sweet friend. I can see why you required some time to ruminate over creating something a little different on your 2nd card. It's amazing how you thought to pull 2 images together. Each is exquisite, as always. Thanks so much for your continued prayers. I continue mine for you and Walt, too. We've got each other covered in prayer. What's better than that? Hope everything is going well for both of you. Miss seeing your cards and comments. Maybe one day ... one day I might have the desire to make a card. God Bless. Hugs and lots of love, Anne

Unknown said...

These are FABULOUS! Love your 1st card in the traditional use of the wreath, so beautiful. You real showcase it well here. And then cropping it and arranging 2 of them to frame you verse.....CLEVER and gorgeous! You do have a way with digis for sure....and regular stamps too! Well done!

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

Ohh dear friend I'm behind in commenting cos had medical,week, all good.. love this wreath and love both cards, very clever design on second one too, and isn't that a great verse to live up to, also...oh that we would truly:
" give thanks in EVERYthing, for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus, concerning you."
Love this verse and long to live it wisely and well.
Hugs dear sweet sis,
Shaz in Oz,x

Lisa Lara said...

Oh I just LOVE how you used this digi Cheryl, both ways. Clever girl. And I won't tell your fam. LOL.

Davi said...

Beautiful cards Cheryl~~ The image is a great fall one and the way you colored it up is lovley! I Especially love the second on and the way you were able to place is on two sides, Very pretty! The scripture is one to remind me how thankful I should be in spite of difficulties I have a Savior who loves me so much! Thanks for that reminder sweet friend :)

Leslie Miller said...

Oh, my goodness, Cheryl... I've been sick and I haven't had much chance to look around for a few days. Haven't even downloaded this one yet. I'm so behind on the coloring I'd hoped to do. You did such a beautiful job with both versions, and I'm very inspired by the changes you made in the second card. The bittersweet is so beautiful.

Tracy said...

These are so pretty. The simplicity of the wreath adds a beautiful pop of color but lets the sentiment shine through. :-)

Karen Dunbrook said...

Such beauty....how clever to use just part of the wreath on the second card...well done!
hugs,
K

Monika/Buzsy said...

I love the way you used the wreath on the second card. Very pretty cards... Clean and elegant. Love your thoughts... amen to that!