Pages

Friday, May 15, 2015

Power Poppy Instant Garden Release - May Release

Hello, sweet friends, and today we have beautiful new digital image for you from Power Poppy by Marcella Hawley. Remember, you can buy, download, print, and color the digi images - in an instant - today!

Our newest addition to the Instant Garden Collection just happens to be one that's a tall beauty...not only colorful but a dramatic beauty. This set, Bees in Foxglove, features three lush stalks of foxglove (Digitalis) with three plump bumblebees buzzing around doing their bumblebee thing! Add a cheery all-occasion sentiment, and you have one stunning set that is ready to download, print, color, and create with!

Power Poppy, Instant Garden Digital Stamp Release, Bees in Foxglove, May 2015

As soon as I saw the image, I found so many beautiful photos of foxglove and was truly surprised at the variety of colors. And so many of the photos showed the little "bee bottoms" too (they sure love the nectar)! This image was my inspiration - her name is "Digitalis Polkadot Polly Hybrida" (how cute, eh?).


Digitalis Polkadot Polly Hybrida - Foxglove

So say hello to my "Polly." I used the entire digital image and colored her a sort of peachy/apricot color with touches of yellow inside her cup. A touch of Wink of Stella is on the bee wings. I wanted this image to take "front stage" on my card and used an oval die with a mat and (of course) paper-pierced just inside the matted oval. For some texture, I used a large embossing folder and matted it as well, adhered my oval, and then added a sheer ribbon that I dyed with two Copic markers to match (adding a little "for you" sentiment from Good Thinking: Renewal...along with a dyed pearl). I adhered that to the card base with red tape, and it was done!

Power Poppy, Instant Gardeners, Bees in Foxglove, Digital Image, CherylQuilts, Designed by Cheryl Scrivens

Now it's time to visit my amazing Instant Gardener teammates...and  the Bloomies are joining us today for a fun blog hop - it's Friday! Be sure to visit Power Poppy to get this new digital release - today. While you are there, check out the entire digital collection. (Now, don't miss anyone...you won't be disappointed!)

Can you just imagine the delight God had in creating all the beautiful flowers we so enjoy? We are so blessed!

Thanks so much for "stopping by" and sharing a comment, thought or question, and I hope you have a wonderful week! 

Blessings,

Stamps:  Bees in FoxgloveGood Thinking: Renewal (Power Poppy) 
Paper: Solar White (Neenah), White and Peachy/Apricot (Bazzill)
Tools/Accessories: Copic markers, Grand Oval and Circles dies (Spellbinders), Garden Lattice M-Bossabilities reversible embossing folder (Spellbinders), Perfect Layers tool, piercing tool, Daisy White sheer ribbon dyed with Copic markers (CTMH), Wink of Stella, pearl colored with Copic markers (Recollections), Japanese screw punch, dental floss dyed with Copic markers, red tape
Techniques: Digital images using Microsoft Word, fussy cutting, paper-piercing
Card Size:  5½” x 7¼”
Copics used:  Flowers: RV000, RV00, RV04, RV21, YR000, YR00, YR01, YR20, Leaves: YG11, YG03, YG03, YG25, YG67, YG21

34 comments:

Kathy Jones said...

Ooh this is beautiful!! Your inspiration pic is gorgeous, as is your colouring. Love the use of white space too!!

Kelly-Anne said...

Oh Cheryl! How beautiful is this card...? Foxgloves are simply exquisite and I love all the different shades they come in!
You did a lovely job with colouring the image and I especially like how you pierced the card!
Sending much love and a big hug to you!
Have a fantastic weekend:)
Kelly-Anne

Heather T said...

Your colouring is so lovely especially the colour scheme you chose as inspiration. I love the way you combine texture and ribbon and layers all the while keeping it so elegant.

Leslie Miller said...

I love this color, Cheryl! How beautiful your coloring is, and the simplicity of the card design brings out the beauty of the image all the more. Wonderful on the embossed panel and the perfect shade of peachy-apricot for matting. A stunner!

Barb said...

This is absolutely gorgeous, Cheryl! I love the colors you've chosen. This is a nice sized card, too, perfectly showcasing the entire image. I love all of the little details you've added, as well.

Have a wonderful weekend, my friend.
Blessings~
Barb :)

dpkennedy said...

Your coloring is superb Cheryl! Love your Polly!

Alshandra said...

Absolutely gorgeous card Cheryl. I love the way you've coloured the foxgloves, so beautiful. Gorgeous ribbon and I love the embossed background.

Stacy Morgan said...

Beautiful Cheryl! The textured background and the sheer ribbon are wonderful accents. Not to mention your coloring is fabulous. Beautiful card girlie!

Vicki Burdick said...

Wowzers, so gorgeous Cheryl!! Love the ribbon with sweet little tag! Your coloring is always so inspiring!!

Allison Cope said...

Oh my Cheryl! Isn't nature miraculous! I love the peachy insides of those Foxglove! Your card is so gorgeous with all the white details! Stunning my friend!

Susie Williams said...

Another beautiful creation sis. xx

Theresa's Studio said...

Lovely card! Love the layout, texture, and ribbon.

Angelica Schmidt said...

God for sure gave us so many thing to enjoy his beauty is everywhere ! I'm always so amazed how awesome Marcella is at drawing God's beauty! God gave her an amazing talent and the rest of us to color them! I always love your clean line of cards they always look so gorgeous and your coloring is amazing! Have a Blessed day my friend! Hugs

Karen Dunbrook said...

Wow what a fab card my precious friend. Amazing and beautiful and wonderfully done. I love foxgloves but just can't seem to grow them in my garden. Guess it's all the clay I have. I love the ribbon with the little tag and the eb background all work so well together.
It is our long weekend here in Canada...I have 30 bags of mulch waiting for me in the garden!
Wish me luck.
Enjoy your wknd mf.
hugs,
Karen

Cindy Beach said...

Cheryl,
Your coloring of this beautiful image is amazing. I love the exquisite texture on your card and the soft dyed ribbon. Gorgeous!
Most precious is the sweetness of your praise to God for His creation.

Robin Clendenning said...

Thank you for the happy birthday wishes my sweet friend!
I just have to tell you that Foxglove are one of my favorite flowers and I will have to buy this set for sure!!
I love your beautiful coloring of them my dear!
Thank you for such a wonderful display and for sharing with us! Beautiful colors too!

Stamping With Bibiana said...

what a great card, your coloring is fantastic and those flowers are so beutiful
congrats bibiana

Tracy said...

Exquisite! Oh my goodness the color scheme you chose is so yummy. Think I'm going to have to add this pretty to my stash too. Oh if only I had the time to color everything I want to color. LOL Beautiful work my friend. Hugs!

Liz Williams said...

Beautiful card, Cheryl. It's always fun to see what new images Marcella has come up with and all the pretty ways you ladies put them together.

Conniecrafter said...

Beautiful, the coloring is lovely and the piercing gives it a great touch for framing , love the sheer ribbon so not to take away from the image and the darling little tag with it!

stampingbowd said...

Cheryl, this is stunning!!! The coloring is amazing as always! Beautiful image! I am not much of a gardener but I sure do love looking at your garden of paper flowers!!!

Grace said...

Cheryl this is just beautiful!!!! I just love the colors you used and your inspiration photo! I would love to wake up every morning to these beautiful blooms!!! Totally gorgeous as always my dear friend!
hugs,
Grace

Susan (rainy) said...

Absolutely STUNNING, Cheryl!!! And just the perfect design to let those gorgeous blooms take center stage.

Irish Cherokee said...

Beautifully done Cheryl. Excellent coloring. love the card in every way.

Love, Hugs and Blessings
Jim

Unknown said...

Cheryl, I love your Polly!!! Your cards are so elegant and beautiful!!! You have the ability to color as God intended it in nature!!!

Debbie Olson said...

Gorgeous coloring, Cheryl, and perfect with that Garden Lattice white background as well!

Monika/Buzsy said...

Beautiful card Cheryl. Love the pretty flower and the amazing coloring. The dry embossed background is so elegant.

Melanie R said...

Oh, Cheryl, your card is perfectly lovely in every way.

Becky said...

wow, your flowers and card are just stunning!

Julie- justwritedesigns said...

Your foxgloves are beautiful, Cheryl! I love the colors & the white embossed background is lovely.

Inkyfingers said...

This is just beautiful Cheryl!

Melanie R said...

Beautiful card, Cheryl. Perfectly lovely as are all of your cards.

Unknown said...

The foxglove are so pretty and remind me of British Cottage Gardens! I wish I had time to play with all of Marcella's beautiful flowers!! That embossing folder with the stamp are such a good marriage!!!! Oh so pretty my friend!!!

JD/ Jill said...

Oh my Goodness! So Lovely! Every card you do is a work of art!