Pages

Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Christmas Filled With Love

Our Daily Bread Designs, ODBDSLC220, Christmas Blessings, Mini Tag Sentiments, Mini Tags dies, Christmas Paper Collection 2014, CherylQuilts, Designed by Cheryl Scrivens

This is Week One of our Shining the Light Sketch Challenge.

Our Daily Bread Designs, ODBDSLC220, Sketch Challenge

This is a great sketch that Chris Olsen has designed for us, and I adjusted it for a square card. I used two pattern pieces of ODBD's Christmas Paper Collection 2014. I used Copic marker BG72 for the matting for a good match and then did my usual piercing (you know how much I love to pierce!). My focal image is from Christmas Blessings, and I added my sheer ribbon (once again colored with Copic marker BG57) but tied under the sentiment layer. Then I added one of the sweet new Mini Tag dies with a sentiment from Mini Tag Sentiments

Christmas is indeed a time that should be filled with God's love and blessing. But is it? When I think of the lengths to which God went to provide me with eternal hope and life, I am humbled. He sent Jesus to live among us, die for our sins, and rise, defeating sin and death...forever! May each day be Christmas in our hearts.

You will keep him in perfect peace
whose mind is stayed on You,
because he trusts in You.
Isaiah 26:3

This is the last full week before Christmas, and I have a very long to-do list (and I'm you do as well). But my goal is to look at each item on my list and decide what tasks are most important and decide what not to do. I know it will be very hard, but I plan to focus more on anticipating Christmas (remember, Advent is based on the Latin word for "coming"). I am remembering His first coming that Christmas day and looking forward to His second coming. In the meantime, I desire to have a greater longing for His return, as He keeps me in perfect peace.

To see all the designs in one place or join the challenge, please visit Our Daily Bread Designs Blog. You have until December 28 to join us. You may use any stamps to enter, but if you have any Our Daily Bread Designs stamps, we would love to see you use them. By participating in the challenge, you have an opportunity to win a $15 ODBD gift certificate good towards the purchase of stamps in the "stamps column" on the ODBD website or to be "spotlighted" for the Shining the Light Award. We would love to see your designs!

For more beautiful inspiration ideas for this challenge, please visit my precious design team sisters:


Thanks so much for "stopping by" and sharing a comment, thought, or prayer request, and I hope you have a wonderful week!

For His glory,

Card Recipe:
Paper: White (PTI), Christmas Paper Collection 2014 (ODBD)
Ink: Black (Versafine)
Tools/Accessories: Copic marker BG72 for matting, Mini Tags dies (ODBD), Rectangle dies and Scalloped Rectangle dies (Spellbinders), white organza ribbon dyed with Copic marker BG57 (CTMH), Perfect Layers tool, piercing tool, 3M dimensional tape, red tape
Techniques: Paper-piercing
Card Size:  5"


13 comments:

Diana Nguyen said...

Wonderful sentiment beautifully highlighted. Praying for you right now, Cheryl! I do hope you have gotten better!

Robin Clendenning said...

Beautiful Cheryl!
Hope you are doing better my sweet friend! Love you!
I love the pretty papers!!! Love your ribbon and the wonderful sentiment!!

DJ Rants said...

this is so gorgeous!! the designer paper is just perfect for this sketch and I love how you incorporated the sweet sentiment with this adorable tag, beautifully done!!

Cathymac said...

Your card is gorgeous, Cheryl! Love the colors and pretty papers…this is worthy of a CASE! Praying for you, my sweet friend!

Tracy said...

sigh...that is my favorite shade of blue. Gorgeous papers and your stamping is so crisp and clean Cheryl. Beautiful use of the sketch with all your trademark piercing. :-) Hope you're having a blessed week. hugs!

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

My dear friend, as I post this, I am praying for you yet again!! You are in my thoughts.

Your card is gorgeous!! I just love your combo or coloring, your piercing, and your perfect layering to frame the beautiful sentiment. Your designs are always perfection. LOVE it!!

TTYS!
hugs,
Chris

Leslie Miller said...

How pretty! I love the tiny tag AND the paper AND your perfectly matched ribbon. That's an especially pretty color. I've really been loving it lately. I hope you have a lovely Christmas, Cheryl!

Stephanie said...

Beautiful message and lovely card, my sweet friend. I am so thankful for our Lord and the peace that He offers.

And once again you have created a stunning card - the colors are wonderful together.

Merry Christmas, precious friend. Love and hugs!

Alshandra said...

Absolutely beautiful Cheryl and I love the colours (Copic markers are so handy aren't they?!) Gorgeous paper piercing and I love your bow and tag. Hope you are feeling better (continuing to pray for you).

Linda Carson said...

Beautiful, cheerful and festive! Lovely choice of papers and, of course, paper piercing! Love it!! Praying continually for you Cheryl!

Conniecrafter said...

so pretty, I just love these soft colors, pretty paper combo and like the sheer ribbon!

Debbie Harris said...

Your place is so peaceful here, Cheryl.
You speak of your Lord so beautifully.
Isaiah 26:3 is one of the verses I love to quote throughout my days. It is such a good reminder to stay close to God in our thoughts, hiding His Word in our hearts.
You have a beautifully way with creating your cards, just beautiful.
Blessings,Debbie

Jerri Jimenez said...

So beautiful Cheryl, the colors are gorgeous and I love the sketch .. coming here to visit is always a special treat! Hugs!!!