Pages

Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Friendships Blossom


Our Daily Bread Designs, ODBDSLC211, Cherry Blossom, Iris, Elegant Ovals dies, Beautiful Borders dies, Antique Labels & Border Dies, CherylQuilts, Designed by Cheryl Scrivens

This is Week Two of our Shining the Light Sketch Challenge. I really have enjoyed this sketch.


This week I didn't change the sketch as much as last week, and it's been fun to see everyone's take on this sketch. I colored the flower from Cherry Blossom as my focal image and framed with the Elegant Ovals dies, fussy cut a narrow mat for it, and then paper-pierced. The base is embossed, and I added one of the Beautiful Borders dies with some pearl cotton, along with one of my "go-to" additions of Copic-dyed seam binding. (Can we ever find the right shade of ribbon?) The final touch was the sentiment from the Iris stamp set inside one of the Antique Labels & Borders dies. It's a fairly simple card and will be easy to make more of these for a quick card for any occasion.

This year has been a special year of new friendships for me. Since joining the ODBD challenge team and getting to "play" on Splitcoaststampers with the Dirty Dozen, I've become friends with some very special gals. Friendships truly do blossom with encouragement, love, and prayer. We are called also to equip each other and spur each other on to draw closer to our Lord. I trust you have at least one dear sister in Christ with whom you can share.

Two are better than one,
because they have a good return for their labor:
If either of them falls down, one can help the other up.
But pity anyone who falls and has no one to help them up.
Ecclesiastes 4:9-10

To see all the designs in one place or join the challenge, please visit Our Daily Bread Designs Blog. You have until August 17 to join us. You may use any stamps to enter, but if you have any Our Daily Bread Designs stamps, we would love to see you use them. By participating in the challenge, you have an opportunity to win a $15 ODBD gift certificate good towards the purchase of stamps in the "stamps column" on the ODBD website or to be "spotlighted" for the Shining the Light Award. We would love to see your designs!

For more beautiful inspiration ideas for this challenge, please visit my precious design team sisters:


Thanks so much for "stopping by" and sharing a comment, thought, or prayer request, and I hope you have a wonderful week!

For His glory,

Card Recipe:
Stamps:  Cherry Blossom, Iris (ODBD)
Paper: Solar White (Neenah), White (PTI), Pretty in Pink (SU)
Ink: Tuxedo Black (Memento), Black (Versafine)
Tools/Accessories: Copic markers, Antique Labels & Border dies (ODBD), Beautiful Borders dies (ODBD), Elegant Ovals dies (ODBD), Dainty Dots M-Bossabilities reversible embossing folder (Spellbinders), seam binding dyed with RV11, white pearl cotton (DMC), piercing tool, 3M dimensional tape, red tape
Techniques: Paper-piercing and fussy cutting
Card Size:  A-2



15 comments:

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

Ah Cheryl another beautiful creation, wonderful work... love the thought for the week too.. where would we be without our dear friend and sisters to pick us up or our loving Lord to keep us in the way!
Every blessing dear friend,
Shaz in Oz.x

Becky said...

This is stunning Cheryl. I love all the white space with the embossing. Picture perfect with the pink. It is true about friendships, and I am glad I found you..Hugs. :)

Leslie Miller said...

Oh, my! All that pretty pink and white with the sweet embossed background and perfectly matched ribbon -- love!

Robin Clendenning said...

Oh Cheryl, I LOVE pink and white!!! Your card is so beautiful! I love the dies you used and the embossing! Love the border and the ribbon!! Just gorgeous my friend!

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

This is stunning Cheryl!! I just love the pink and white with your ribbon, die cut border and gorgeous flowers!! The added piercing and embossing is so elegant!!

Two are certainly better than one!! So glad to have you as a dear friend and to have had the opportunity to serve with you on the DD and ODBD! I feel blessed!! HUGS!

Chris

DebR said...

This is so pretty! Your coloring is wonderful..and really like the embossing on it.

Linda Carson said...

So soft and elegant Cheryl! Love the textures of the background to your perfectly colored blossoms and matching seam binding! Quite lovely sweet friend!

ChristineCreations said...

The pink and white looks so polished and clean! Beautiful design Cheryl!

Stephanie said...

Hello my dear Friend :) I always look forward to popping in for a visit to see your wonderful creations. This card is another beauty - love all the pink :)

And I always look forward to reading the Scripture that you share. Those verses from Ecclesiastes are very special to me and it was a blessing to reread them this morning - thank you!

Have an amazing day! Love and hugs

Greta said...

Did you hear my jaw hit the floor?! This is absolutely stunning in my favorite color, pink! I love every single thing about this card, Cheryl! Think I "need" the Antique Labels!

Clare Curcio said...

Hi, Cheryl! I wanted to say how beautiful this card is, and to thank you for all of your kind comments you put on my blog during my time as the July Guest Designer for Our Daily Bread Designs. Thank you!

Diane said...

Beautiful card and beautiful thought for the week and so true...love your gorgeous pink and white card!!!

Diana Nguyen said...

Another sweet card. You make me want to do a pink card! :) And you did a wonderful job with the narrow matting and matching ribbon.
And yes, thank heaven for close friends, especially sisters in Christ!

Alshandra said...

Love this card Cheryl. So elegant and stunning (as always) :-) Gorgeously coloured Cherry Blossoms! So beautiful.

Pretty Paper Junkie said...

This is so beautiful! the white embossed background is the perfect backdrop for your bouquet. I really love your design interpretation.