Pages

Wednesday, September 13, 2017

Splitcoaststampers Product Focus - Chameleon Color Tops

Hello, sweet friends! It's been more than a month since I've last posted...time sure flies. But we are praising God for surviving Hurricane Irma with minimal damage. There are so many people still without power, and it's been an extraordinary effort by the thousands of workers from Canada and throughout the United States who are helping to restore power in this extreme heat. Please continue to pray for all those impacted by Irma here in the States and in the Caribbean...and all the people helping in so many ways.

It's Product Focus time at Splitcoaststampers today. The Product Focus team has been working the last month with the new Chameleon Color Tops that are a new edition to the Chameleon Pens system. We have been creating projects and are sharing our thoughts and tips about this new product. Be sure to visit the Product Focus Page: Chameleon Color Tops to read the reviews, and check out the special Product Focus Gallery filled with beautiful projects created by the design team. Here are the three cards that I made.

My first card is a simple one with a small bouquet of posies.


Cheryl Scrivens, CherylQuilts, Splitcoaststampers, Product Focus Team, September 2017, Chameleon ColorTops, JustRite Stamps, Stamp Simply Clear Stamps

For my second card, I used a digital image and hand-drew a broken frame and colored it in.

Cheryl Scrivens, CherylQuilts, Splitcoaststampers, Product Focus Team, September 2017, Chameleon ColorTops, Power Poppy

My third card is my favorite because I love hydrangeas. I enjoyed coloring the flower petals with the Color Tops to achieve a nice variation of colors. 

Cheryl Scrivens, CherylQuilts, Splitcoaststampers, Product Focus Team, September 2017, Chameleon ColorTops, Stampendous, Altenew

I certainly have loved experimenting and coloring with the Chameleon Pens and the new Color Tops. You will definitely be seeing more cards with them. 

Rather than list my card recipes, please feel free to visit my personal card gallery at Splitcoaststampers for all the details.

*     *     *     *     *

As I close, here is a link to John Piper's Prayer in the Path of Hurricanes. You can listen to it or read the transcript, but I am sure you will be greatly encouraged by it. Among many good avenues for giving and going, please consider The Salvation Army (where my grandfather served many years ago), Samaritan's Purse, and the North American Mission Board's SEND Relief. These organizations and others have been on the ground helping both Harvey and Irma victims.

Then they cried to the LORD in their trouble,
and He delivered them from their distress.
He made the storm be still,
and the waves of the sea were hushed.
They they were glad that the waters were quiet,
and He brought them to their desired haven.
Psalm 107:28-30

Thanks so much for visiting with me today, and may we all continue to pray and help those in their distress. May God continue to bless and encourage you! 

Blessings,

12 comments:

Lin said...

Oh that last one is my favorite, Cheryl, I must go check out which colors they were. Gorgeous work! And so pleased to see that you are doing well after last week's horrendous storm!

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

Cheryl, I am so glad you posted. I have been wondering about all my Floridian stamping friends. Glad you are doing well, and seem to have power, after the hurricane. Your cards are all beautiful and I love the results you got with this new product.

Sarah Kulzer said...

Hi Cheryl,
I have to tell you how much I enjoy your cards! I've been admiring your stamping for quite a while! I also think it is awesome you are a beautiful Christian, too. I have many stampers I enjoy learning from - just about everyone who stamps for Power Poppy Stamps! I enjoy stamping so much and coloring with Copics! I'm a Splitcoast Stamping member who has never posted! One day I'll be brave!! I just wanted to finally tell you how amazing you are as a stamper and a person! Blessings to you and yours!

Caly Person said...

Beautiful colors, Cheryl! Teal and purple are my favorite! So glad you are safe and praying for power to be restored quickly! Please let me know if you need anything!

Leslie Miller said...

Oh, happy day to hear from you! I watched for your town on the news, but never saw a sign of it. The devastation is heart breaking and mind boggling. I'm so glad to hear you're okay. Now... these gorgeous cards! How beautiful each one is! I couldn't pick a favorite because there's something special about each. First, your coloring is outstanding. I'll have to learn more about those pens, which I've never heard of before. Each stamp is gorgeous. Love the die cut card base framing your first card, then your hand drawn frame on the second. I really like that idea! On your third the embossing and the pretty net ribbon help take it over the top, as if your coloring wasn't fantastic enough. Beautiful photos, too.

Robin Clendenning said...

These are all so beautiful Cheryl! Sure wish they hadn't missed me this time, darn! I love your flowers, you do a wonderful job with whatever you color with!!
Love you dear friend, hope all is well at your house!

Conniecrafter said...

Cheryl, I was so glad to hear that you made it through as well as family and friends that are there in Florida, some are still without power but so thankful everyone is ok. Still praying for all those affected by these storms, as well as those still suffering from the fires and smoke from them in the northwest.

Your cards are just lovely, love the sparkle and pretty swirl framing on the first! On the second (which is my favorite) I just love the colors and your hand drawn frame is just wonderful with it!! Beautiful shading in the last, just lovely!!

stampingbowd said...

Wow, Cheryl, that is an amazing prayer. This part made me choke up: We make no demands. You are God, and we are not. I need to remember this moment by moment!!! Your cards a breathtaking! The tones you achieved with your coloring is stunning! Simply stunning! I am so blessed to know you and call you friend!

Marisa said...

Didn't realize/or forgot you lived in Florida!!! SO glad you are okay and made it through Irma - God is good!!! Hope you didn't have much damage and the clean up isn't too bad. Gorgeous cards and colouring as always. Hugest of ((hugs)) to you xoxo

Tracy said...

I'm so glad that storm didn't turn out to be what they thought it would and I'm thankful that you are safe and sound. Praise God! The cards are beautiful. The blending is perfect and of course your designs are always delightful. Hugs!

Jerri Jimenez said...

All three cards are absolutely stunning Cheryl. I haven't tried the pens, I have so many different products that I don't use . . . maybe one of these days I'll give them a try. You did a fabulous job with them and I love the Hydrangeas as well!

Monika/Buzsy said...

Oh, your coloring is amazing... every time... no matter what you colors. Looks easy enough, but I can never achieve the smooth blending. Lovely card Cheryl... and such pretty flower images.