Pages

Wednesday, August 09, 2017

Splitcoaststampers Product Focus - ColorBox® INK Premium Dye Mini Inkpads

Hello, sweet friends! Today I get to share a fun project with the Splitcoaststampers' Product Focus Team playing with ColorBox® INK Premium Dye Mini Inkpads. I had so much fun using these adorable ink pads. Here are my three cards that I made.

My first card was using the ink with my Copic markers, my go-to color medium. No smearing at all. 


Cheryl Scrivens, CherylQuilts, Splitcoaststampers, Product Focus Team, August 2017, Mama Elephant, Simon Says Stamp

For my second card, I used a water-resistant ink to stamp my image and then watercolored with the ColorBox® INK Premium Dye Mini Inkpads. I was impressed at how well they interact with water.


I white embossed my third card and watercolored with the ink pads that I once again "smooshed" on a craft mat and sprayed with water. It's amazing how much depth of color I was able to achieve.


I have had fun experimenting and coloring with the ink pads and will definitely enjoy using them for more projects. And who knows...I just may try my hand at a mixed-media project. They certainly lend themselves to that form of stamping.

Please hope over to the ColorBox® INK Premium Dye Mini Inkpads Splitcoaststampers' Product Focus to read what all the designers think about these ink pads. And I encourage you to view all the designer samples in the Product Focus Gallery. You are in for a treat!

*     *     *     *     *

I know so many of my precious friends are facing such difficult trials today, and I continue to pray for each of you. We all have burdens that God allows in our lives. I am always comforted in knowing that God always hears our prayers and cries for help any time of the day or night. May we always be encouraged and trust God through it all. The Scripture verse on my last card is extra special to me. It was one my mom's pastor shared with her during her difficult battle with breast cancer that she eventually lost. I know that she is now with the Lord and find comfort myself in these precious words of hope and encouragement.

Whatever is true, whatever is noble,
whatever is right, whatever is pure,
whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable 
if anything is excellent or praiseworthy
think on these things.
Philippians 4:8

Thanks so much for visiting with me today and for sharing a comment, thought or question. May you have a beautiful and blessed week! 

Blessings,

Card One:
Stamps:  Butterfly Kisses (Mama Elephant), Hydrangea Blooms (Simon Says Stamp) 
Paper: X-Press It Blending Card, Cool Caribbean (SU!), Subtle Plaids (My Favorite Things)
Ink: ColorBox INK Premium Dye Mini Inkpad  Coal
Tools/Accessories: Copic markers, Mini MISTI tool, Mini Perfect Layers tool, Mat Pack (SU!), piercing tool, sequins (Verve), Diamond Glaze, white tape
Card Size:  5¼ square
Copics used:  Flower Petals – RV00, V01, V12; Leaves – G40, G43, G82, G94, YG00, YG21; Branch – E35; Shading – B0000, B000, B01, 0

Card Two:
Stamps: Floral Greetings (Sweet 'n Sassy)
Paper: Watercolor paper, Strawberry Slush (SU!)
Ink: Onyx Black (Versafine), ColorBox INK Premium Dye Mini Inkpads (Poppy, Limon, Pea Pod, Carrot, Coal)
Tools/Accessories: Timeless Rectangles dies (Spellbinders), Mini Hearts dies (Simon Says Stamp), Fine-Tip Glue Pen (SU!), XTreme Permanent Adhesive (Tombow), Glossy Accents (JudiKins)
Card Size: 4" x 6"
Techniques:  Watercoloring, fussy cutting

Card Three:
Stamps: Beautiful Day (Altenew), Get Well Tulip (Stamp Simply)
Paper: Watercolor, Cameo Coral (SU!), Solar White 110# (Neenah)
Ink: ColorBox INK Premium Dye Mini Inkpads – Poppy, Pea Pod, Limon, Aqua, and Coal; Versafine
Tools/Accessories: White fine detail embossing powder (Simon Says Stamp), Pierced Rectangles dies (ODBD), Mini Perfect Layers tool, Mini MISTI tool, Sea Breeze Crystal Drops (Nuvo), watercolor brushes, XTreme Permanent Adhesive (Tombow)
Card Size:  A-2
Techniques: Watercoloring
SaveSave

25 comments:

Tracy said...

Oh wow! The colors are so vibrant and you created three distinctly different card designs that are each amazing. Beautiful work my sweet friend. Hugs!

Robin Clendenning said...

Beautiful cards Cheryl!!! I love the fresh sweet look of the first card and the #2 and 3 are so bright and bold!! You are amazing my friend!!

Barbara said...

Cheryl, what great examples of how you used these inks. Such an inspiration to all. If anything is excellant and praise worthy, this is it.

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

Really gorgeous cards! I love them all, but that fancy shaped card is really standing out to me today. I am not sure I have heard about these inks, but that is great they are copic friendly and you get such bold colors when watercoloring with them. You must have had a lot of fun.

Thanks so much for your lovely comment yesterday. I will keep you in my prayers as you always keep others. Have a good day, Cheryl.

Christina said...

Oh beautiful three techniques Cheryl. You know how much I really enjoy seeing your cards done in copic. But your watercoloring is equally stunning! Love the resist embossed and white emboss techniques. They add an extra touch of stunning affect to the colors. Wishing you a beautiful day Cheryl. Hugs.

Caly Person said...

I love all three cards but the white embossed is my favorite! Looks so dreamy!

Cheryl said...

I am so sorry about your Mom, sweet friend. One day, you will be together again...what a day, glorious day, that will be! Your cards are SO beautiful!! You do amazing work. God bless you. :)

Jerri Jimenez said...

All three cards are so beautiful Cheryl. You've done an amazing job with painting all of them and the layouts are just stunning! Hugs sweet friend! xxx

Marisa said...

Gorgeous colouring as always and I love the white embossing on the last one. Such a wonderful touch. Love that verse in Philippians and what a treasure to have it in stamp form!

JD/ Jill said...

All Amazing cards...and as always fabulous coloring!

Patti J said...

Three very different and unique cards! All are beautiful, and will be a comfort to whoever finds them in their mailbox! I didn't know Color Box had mini inks! Will have to check that out - thanks for sharing!

Susan Lankford said...

Great cards, Cheryl....beautiful! I especially love the white embossed card with the beautiful verse!

Leslie Miller said...

Look at you go, Cheryl! Three beautiful cards all at once. Your coloring on all three is outstanding. I'm impressed with those watercolored images. Such a beautiful job you did on those. I have lots of ColorBox pigment inks, but have never had the dye inks. It's good to read your honest review. Thanks, Cheryl!

*Vicki* said...

Wow these are all just gorgeous Cheryl!! Great use of the inks...do not have a favorite as I love them all here!! You're so talented! HUGS :)

Conniecrafter said...

All your cards are just precious and beautiful Cheryl, you did such a lovely job in using the inks in each card!!
Love the watercolor look !! The verse in your last card was one that my friend who is the ladies bible study leader had us memorize. I hope you are well :)

Irish Cherokee said...

Three definite masterpieces. Your first card exudes tenderness with its design and colors. The second is bold, as all prayers should be. Love the lace frame and bold red. The third is a combination of the first two. It accentuates the verse perfectly.

Love, Hugs and Blessings
Jim

Donna Ellis said...

Wow! Cheryl, three amazing cards using the new products from Clear Snap. Thanks for sharing your findings, and the gorgeous creations! Each one is a special work of art with the lovely intense colors, and fabulous floral motif! I hope you are feeling improved these days, and that the heat has not been to bad for you, though it certainly has been humid, hasn't it? Wishing you a delightful week-end! hugs, de

stampingbowd said...

Cheryl, your cards are stunning!! I love seeing the different ways you used the inks! Your watercolors are stunning! I especially love the depth of color you achieved with the reds!!! Beautiful cards!

ShazInOzCardsCalligraphy said...

I love the last verse on your card Cheryl, it's something to always keep first and foremost in our minds especially when conversing I notice how easy it is to slip into the worlds critical thought patterns otherwise instead of non judgemental thought patterns. I'm struggling to blog St moment, but doing what matters eternally, learning little by little it is good to have that focus.
Thanks for sharing your beauties they are a blessing. The last card is my fav.
Hugs and prayers dear friend for God's keeping upon you akways.
Shaz in Oz.x

Sheri Gilson said...

Beautiful cards, Cheryl! Love them all!

Karen Dunbrook said...

truly gorgeous cards mf...love that they chose you to try some new products and you have used them so well. Love seeing your gallery blooming with loveliness, just like you mf.
xx Karen

Dandi93 said...

WOW !! these are stunning Cheryl... Your water coloring is amazing. My favorite has to be the third with the white embossing.... I love each petal and your leaves are a work of art...

Shirley N said...

Not just one but three gorgeous cards Cheryl! Your layouts are always so beautifully done to showcase your wonderful coloring no matter what coloring medium you choose and you are always so full of love. Hope you are well. Hugs!

Lisa Lara said...

Oh my goodness gracious Cheryl, these three beauties are stunning. I love the images you chose. Gorgeous. Congrats on being on the SCS Product Focus Team!

Heather Rogers said...

What amazing floral goodness! Each one is colored to perfection. :)